Sunday, May 22, 2011

An introduction to the blog

Welcome to the Curious Epicure blog!  Perhaps the title implies more about me than it does about the food.  I can be a bit on the "curious" side- curious as in...interesting.  However, the main thrust of this blog shall be focused on food,  and it's importance in maintaining and/or restoring health.  

This blog was born out of my family's recent introduction to autoimmune disease, and our explorations into an integrative approach for treatment and maintaining better health in general.  In addition to medical treatment, we have learned that a balanced diet rich in nutrients, antioxidants, and low in glycemic load, can help reduce the body's overall inflammatory response.  This is beneficial in maintaining health overall, as well in managing a host of disease processes, including diabetes, heart disease, cancer, autoimmune disease, and many others. 

As I experiment with my family's meals and snacks, I will post results, pictures and recipes here.  I hope this will be a positive, informative, creative, and entertaining way to share what I have learned, and also be a vehicle for us to generate new ideas together.  This way, we can spend less time staring into the fridge, wondering what to put together for lunch, or dinner, or for a snack, for instance.

As I sit her poised with my glass of green iced tea, I propose a toast to being curious, innovative, healthy and happy with our eating now and in the future!

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment